You don't look like a runner
Please, Mr Robot is my father's name
"I learned a new word today: gaslight"
It’s not [like God taking a photograph](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19UROAIbtlw) but it’s apparently Nick’s favourite word.
What else is happening? We go back to school to do some basic French, remedial German, and complex maths. Nick makes the best of a tragedy, Jon brings a surprise, and we layer up for winter runs.
## Show Notes
* Thread is one of Jon’s other shows—in [this episode he mostly talks about this episode of Runner Pod](http://thread.fm/e/35ac386bb51230/). Rate, review, subscribe, and check for Jon’s many tropes.
* [Matt Le Tissier](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Le_Tissier) does not know Jon but he was on one of our favourite podcasts, [Quickly Kevin, will he score?](https://www.quicklykevin.com/episodes/2017/2/23/matthew-letissier-s01e01).
* [Guernsey Patois](http://guernseydonkey.com/?p=3371)—a language neither of us speak.
* [Lady in a tube is going cheap for Black Friday](http://amzn.to/2hD5bsB)—she knows all the Moana songs.
* [Do more with Amazon Alexa - IFTTT](https://ifttt.com/amazon_alexa).
* [Teksta Voice Recognition Puppy](http://amzn.to/2hEXnXb).
* [The ever anxious eye of Sauron](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/f/f5/Eye_of_sauron.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20100402161911).
* [Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man arrested - BBC News](http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-41714114)
* [Through axle wheels](http://road.cc/content/feature/171353-how-fit-and-remove-through-axle-wheels).
* [Should you change to tubeless tyres? - Cycling Weekly](http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/should-you-change-to-tubeless-tyres-177480).
* [Cycle to Work scheme: everything you need to know - BikeRadar](http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-cycle-to-work-scheme-18360/).
* [Premiership Football Facts and Trivia by John White](http://amzn.to/2jvXapY).
* [Answer Me This](http://amzn.to/2hDiJV7) is also available in the Nick Moreton Memorial Toilet Library.
* [The Holding Role](https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/theholdingrole/episodes/2015-03-16T15_38_38-07_00)—a thing Nick used to make, which featured a football quiz.
* Another podcast episode where Jon is pain the arse: [From the earth to the electronic thumb | Beware of the Leopard - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast](http://btlpodcast.com/e/35a70a8ea25876/).
* [This smart salt shaker has voice controls but can’t grind salt - The Verge](https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/3/16088526/smalt-smart-salt-shaker-app-alexa-smartphone).
* A lesson in trusting the audience, from George Lucas: [From my point of view the Jedi are evil. - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLKar19XhA).
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com) where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and blog posts. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us [@runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod), [@jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) or [@ngmoreton](http://www.twitter.com/ngmoreton). You can email us [email protected]
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner