You don't look like a runner
You're a monster
We talk about environments—from the perfect gym to urban running—and their effect on our training mindset, and we discuss plateaus and winning the battle with your mind. Nick has big news, Jon ups his recording set up game with dramatic results, and inevitably somebody mentions Poundland and Toblerone.
## This week
* Will there be a posthumous release of the [missing tapes?](https://yodollar.podiant.co/admin/blog/5/)
* Please do not send us any reviews of armbands. Unless you’re going to say you don’t like them.
* Nick’s weight loss: [Mission Accomplished](https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHyVj5AJd_/?taken-by=roundonefight)
* BMI (body mass index) [explainer](http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/3215.aspx?CategoryID=51) and [calculator](http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx).
* Rocky gyms / old school gyms / back street gyms… [proper gyms](https://sabotagetimes.com/life/in-remembrance-of-proper-gyms)
* I heart PB: some notes on [Perry Barr](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Barr), a place dear to Nick and Jon.
* [Alexander Stadium](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Stadium), in Perry Barr, where Jon got training tips from heptathlete [Denise Lewis](http://www.uka.org.uk/ba-home-straight/hall-of-fame-athletes/denise-lewis/).
* We’ve been recommended a book: [Long Road, Hard Lessons: Ireland to Japan by Bicycle - A Gruelling Test of a Father and Son’s Relationship](http://amzn.to/2wh0XbS) by Mark & Sam Swain.
“[Nobody is watching, nobody is judging. I was convinced people could see me struggling to do a mile and that they had opinions. Stupid head](https://twitter.com/jonhickman/status/891948140663902208).”
## Coming soon…
* We _will_ talk about running watches.
* Jon _will_ clear his pins about running familiar routes and the 1997 Elizabeth College B String 1600 metres race.
* Nick _will_ talk about yoga.
So be sure to subscribe…
You can find us on [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2), [Stitcher](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner?refid=stpr), on [Pocket Casts](http://pca.st/YXAA) and [Overcast](https://overcast.fm/itunes1259875775/you-dont-look-like-a-runner) or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com/) where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and also Jon is trying to blog there too. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us [@runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod) [@jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) or [@ngmoreton](http://www.twitter.com/ngmoreton). You can email us [email protected]
Thanks to [Podiant](http://podiant.co/)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting _You Don’t Look Like a Runner_.
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner